Create an Account
Already have a user account?

I'm Excited To Get Started!

I'm Excited To Get Started!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by beckyalley273 beckyalley273 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

lovehealthhappiness
    Participant

Hi Megan,

Happy New Year! My goals are very similar to yours! In addition I would like to continue to stay active, practice to be an intuitive eater, and relax more. Im hoping to unplug more as well. Its so easy to get distracted with technology but I know its best for our health and wellness.

I just started reading the Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (Pseudonym), J.K. Rowling. So far, I’m loving it! Do you have any book recommendations?

beckyalley273
    beckyalley273
    Participant

Hey ladies,
    My goals too are similar. I want to become a healthier version of me. I want to kick the sugar overload and eat more things that make my body feel good. I know for me I need to move and eat healthier and in turn that makes my mind feel so much better. I also want to read more and have gone onto Goodreads and challenged myself there to read at least 30 books this year. Megan have you checked out Goodreads? They have all kinds of book recommendations there based on books you have read in the past. I love that sight. As far as activity goes I love to walk but this time of year in Maine (cold+snow) I get lazy. Being held accountable for that would be wonderful please. I am looking forward to this program and transitioning to healthier eating.

Megan
    Megan
    Keymaster

Hey Becky! I do know about Goodreads from when my book (Superfoods For Life, Coconut) was published! I haven’t really spent much time on their since though! I love the idea that they give you suggestions based on what you like! I use to live in Oregon and although I’m pretty sure it never got as cold Maine we would have a lot of rainy evenings that got dark around 4pm! Definitely made it difficult! My mom and I would often meet right after work and just bundle up and go for a walk! Once we got started it was easier to keep going and having a buddy helps! Of course if it’s SUPER cold then I we would do some free-weight or stretching or yoga inside! Just feels good to move a bit each day! We should start posting in the forums here what we did each day for physical activity! Would be fun and help keep up both acceptable! Let me know if you’re up for that! – M

beckyalley273
    beckyalley273
    Participant

Oh dark at 4 don’t I hate that! It is such a drag because when that happens I start getting tired and its harder to get out and move. In fact as I sit here and type this we are in the middle of a ice/snow storm. Ugh! I have a girlfriend that had the stomach sleeve done last year and she always wants to get moving but like me she lags this time of year. I will have to get her moving with me. I think that posting about what we did for the day is great. I know how I am and if I have to tell someone what I did I am more apt to do it because I will be embarrassed if I don’t do anything and then someone asks me what I did for the day. Good Idea I am game Megan. Thanks

Megan
      Megan
      Keymaster

Hey Becky! Great! Glad you’re on board for the fitness accountability! I just created a new chat group under the Nourish Program forum called “Exercise Check-In” and shared what I did today! I thought creating a new group specifically for exercise check-ins would not only be helpful for us but other members as well!! Looking forward to keeping each other accountable! I hope you stay warm in the snow storm!!!

beckyalley273
    beckyalley273
    Participant

Awesome!! I will confess I have not done anything yet because for the past week and a half or so I have been doing my lesson plans for 17 different kids from ages 5-14 for the 3 weeks I am to be out of work (well 2 weeks but maybe 3). I have my surgery on Wednesday so exercise wise it may be little things like just walking laps in my home until the doctor clears me for walking mileage. I am super excited for the forum and can’t wait to log onto it with some movement that I was able to do for that day. Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.