7 Layer Bean Dip
Just in time for the Super Bowl, I’m sharing how to make an EASY 7 layer bean dip that is gluten-free, vegan and delicious! Although this is traditionally a party food, it’s so healthy it doubles as a meal for lunch or dinner! Aaron and I enjoyed leftover dip for dinner one night with an extra salad on the side for more greens!
- 1 (15-ounce) can of refried beans (I bought a can of Whole Foods 365 Organic, BPA-FREE, Vegan refried beans)
- 1 cup of cashew sour cream sauce (see link below for recipe)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 fresh lemon
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups of iceberg lettuce, chopped (or lettuce of choice)
- 1/2 cup of olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- Slice avocado in half, remove the pitt and scoop avocado "meat" into a bowl. Mash avocado with a fork and add 1/4 fresh lemon juice. This will help keep the avocado from browning.
- In a medium size dish layer refried beans, cashew sour cream, avocado mash, sliced cherry tomatoes, chopped romaine lettuce, olives and sunflower seeds!
- Choose Organic Ingredients When Possible!
- To serve this dish warm first heat the refried beans on the stovetop, add beans to a dish and then layer the remaining cooler ingredients on top