Almond Flour Cacao Bread
Hi Friends! Welcome back to Healthy Grocery Girl! February is American Heart Month and Valentine’s Day! Today I have the perfect heart healthy recipe to share with you to celebrate the day of love, we’re making Almond Flour Cacao Bread!
This gluten-free and dairy-free bread is so simple to make, delicious and packed with a variety of heart healthy ingredients, see below! Also a big thanks to Cacao Bliss for sponsoring today’s blog post and video!
Health Benefits Of Bread Ingredients:
Cacao contains flavanols, which have been known to support heart health by helping to reduce blood pressure and improve blood flow to the heart and brain. – Add difference between cacao and cocoa.
What I love about Cacao Bliss is that it is a blend of the ceremonial grade cacao along with additional heart-healthy ingredients such as Turmeric, MCT, Lucuma and 4 super foods: Organic cinnamon, Himalayan sea salt, mesquite and black pepper. Nutrients in Lucuma act as antioxidants to protect your cells against the effects of free radicals, and may help support blood sugar levels already within a normal range
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and an active compound known as curcumin that has been scientifically-proven to support heart health
Walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids which are known to support brain and heart health!
Almonds contain the antioxidant vitamin E, protein and fiber – all which are important for an overall healthy lifestyle. Research has also shown that eating almonds may reduce your risk of heart disease!
- 2 cup blanched almond four
- ½ cup cacao powder from Cacao Bliss
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup of melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons walnut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- ¼ cup walnuts (or nut of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add the almond flour, Cacao Bliss, cassava flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
- Then in a small bowl whisk the eggs, add the oil, maple syrup, vanilla and non-dairy milk; whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Add the batter to a lined or nonstick loaf pan and bake the bread for 45-55 minutes.
- I find it best to top the bread pan with a piece of foil halfway through baking.
For more recipes like this one, check these out:
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make this Almond Flour Cacao Bread, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
CACAO BLISS DISCOUNT!
I hope you give this recipe a try and also try out Cacao Bliss! You can use code HEALTHYGROCERYGIRL for 15% off here!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Cacao Bliss