THE EASIEST VEGAN + GLUTEN-FREE MAC N’ “CHEESE”
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog. Today I’m sharing how to make the most delicious and easy mac n’ cheese that is also gluten-free and vegan! During my pregnancy I’ve been craving comfort foods like mac n ‘ cheese however traditional mac n ‘ cheese calls for cheese which is dairy. Personally I don’t eat dairy for a number of reasons including that is causes me digestive distress. So my husband Aaron and I came up with these recipe for an easy homemade recipe that hits the spot!
For more tasty recipe videos make sure to subscribe to the Healthy Grocery Girl YouTube Channel!
- 3-4 servings of favorite gluten-free elbow pasta
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Add the butternut squash to a steamer basket over boiling water and steam for 10 minutes, until soft.
- Add the steamed butternut squash to a high speed blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, toss with “cheese” sauce and enjoy!
- Instead of steaming you can also boil or roast the butternut squash, until soft.
- Depending on your prefered consistency you may want to add a touch of water or unflavored/unsweetened non-dairy milk. Especially if you roast the squash because roasting removes moisture.