Fourth of July is almost here and I have an EASY, delicious and wow-factor fun treat to share! Try these red and blue WATERMELON WANDS!
Watermelon is a water-dense fruit so it’s great for hydrating during a hot summer. Blueberries are also packed with immune supporting antioxidants and fiber! My kids love these and I get major mom points for serving such a fun treat!
- 1/2 small watermelon
- 6-8oz fresh blueberries (the larger the better)
- 5 sticks/bamboo skewers
- Slice watermelon into rounds no thicker than your cookie cutter.
- Cut out stars with a star shaped cookie cutter.
- Add blueberries to the stick/skewers, leaving about an inch at the bottom and and 1-2 inches at the top.
- Add watermelon star to the top of each stick.
- Safety Tip: While these are super cute, I prefer to slide the fruit off the skewer or stick into a bowl when it's time actually eat the fruit! Serve as wands for the cute festive look and slide fruit off into a bowl when ready to enjoy!
Need More 4th of July Inspired Recipes?
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see! Tag me on Instagram @HealthyGroceryGirl